Wednesday, September 16, 2015

His Word, My Weakness

"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:7-9

I do not know how many times I have prayed for strength during a particular hard time. I don't know how many times I have had a financial struggle and felt there was no way out. There have been countless times I have felt my back against the wall and not knowing what to do or even how to get there if I did know what to do. Time after time God has shown himself to be strong and faithful in my weakness. When my faith is weak, God gave me the extra measure needed for that season. When our hope is deferred, He gives us the tree of life. (Proverbs 13:12) When joy is absent, he restores it with his salvation. (Psalm 51:12) Regardless of the weakness that we may be going through, spiritual, physical, emotional or mental, God is there to show himself strong. Just search his word and claim his promises of strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment