Sunday, September 27, 2015

His Word, My Cry

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3

What a powerful and wonderful promise God gives in Jeremiah 33:3. Call unto me and I WILL answer thee. He didn't say that you might answer, he will think about answering but rather that he WILL answer. David tells us in 2 Samuel 22:7 "In my distress I call upon the Lord and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter his ears." Over and over in the Word do we hear that God hears our cry. "He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them." Psalm 145:19 This continues in the New Testament also with Jesus responding to those that cried out to him. "And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me. And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou son of David, have mercy on me. And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called. And they call the blind man, saying unto him, Be of good comfort, rise; he calleth thee. And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus. And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight. And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way." Mark 10:47-52 Sometimes we, like blind Bartimaeus, have to cry out a great deal more but take comfort in knowing that he will stand still and address your need. So keep crying out to the Lord. Keep making your voice heard on high. Keep taking your petitions to the throne of grace. Your cry has entered the ears of Jesus.


This is another thought inspired the Word as preached by Bro. Phillips. (First Church in Cookeville, TN puts their sermons on podcasts so you can download and listen to them any time. Please feel free to check them out for your supplimental spiritual food. If you live or visit in the Cookeville area, I highly recommend that you visit them, you will not be disappointed.  First Church Podomatic

No comments:

Post a Comment