Tuesday, September 8, 2015

His Word, My Resignation

Have you or a loved one become resigned with your health, with your situation, with your job, with your relationship? You feel perhaps that it is your thorn in your flesh and you will just have to live with it. Perhaps your spouse is leaving and you realize that there is nothing that you can do about it so you become resigned to the inevitable. It could be that sickness or pain has taken over your body and as it isn't a sickness to death, you just resign yourself to a lifetime of pain. Perhaps you need deliverance from an addiction or habit and no amount of will-power or rehab has helped. Regardless of your situation, you do not have to be resigned to the natural inevitable because when God is in it, IT IS NOT OVER!!!

Do you need deliverance? "And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee." Psalm 50:15 and "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" Philippians 1:6


Do you need healing? "O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou has healed me." Psalm 30:2 and "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him: and with his stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

I know there are times when I KNOW that God has made a promise to me but it seems so impossibly ridiculous that I believe yet become resigned to my situation. It isn't as if I quit believing what God said, but rather I become comfortable with how the situation will be if God doesn't come through. My daughter has a way of calling me out on my lack of faith or becoming resigned to what in the natural seems inevitable. Yesterday as we spent the day together she reminded me of the times that I had prepared for the promise of God even when the situation looked completely impossible. She asked me why God's promises would be any different this time. If God is in your situation, and it is up to you to bring him into it, it is not over. You do not have to be resigned, "Let him ask in faith, nothing wavering." James 1:6a "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findethh; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matthew 7:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment