Thursday, September 17, 2015

His Word, My Beloved

"I am my beloved's, and his desire is towards me." Song of Solomon 7:10

Today I just want to share a few testimonies about Jesus' love towards me.

When Michael was just a baby I was living in North Carolina. In one of the bedrooms of the place I was staying there wasn't a closet. I desperately needed a closet. I prayed about it and believed that God would provide. One day as I was coming home from town I noticed that some people were putting things out by the road so I slowed down. Right there was a solid wood dresser with a closet on one side. It was perfect for a baby's room as it would only hold baby hangers. Michael still has this dresser and I still see it as tangible evidence of God's desire towards me.

Several years ago I desired a spring coat. It wasn't necessary or needful but I desired it. I had a particular style in mind but I hadn't seen one in the store like it. A few days later I went to a thrift store and the first thing I see is a cream colored, London Fog spring coat in my size. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised but I was. It is now, as Sis. Melton calls it, my "Jesus Love Me Coat." I didn't pray about it but he gave me my desire anyway because He really does love me.

Back in 2011 my little Neon had just rolled over 200,000 miles and I was always having to rent cars to go out of town. I felt God told me to go to Newfoundland but without a reliable car it just wasn't doable. Not only did God provide the money for me to pay cash for the car, He brought me a car that has surpassed all my expectations. When I look at that car, I only see how Jesus loves me enough to give me more than I require.

These are just three tangible items that demonstrates how God's desire is really towards me. He provides for my needs. He provides for my desires. He exceeds my expectations. My beloved, Jesus, really and truly loves me.

Jesus isn't just my beloved but He can be yours also. "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Psalm 37:4 When we make Him our beloved, He will make us His.

No comments:

Post a Comment