Wednesday, September 9, 2015

His Word, My Reality

My reality today is: though I dearly love my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I get distracted and busy. Life right now is committed more than I like to a job. I go months at a time working 7 days a week and many times 12 hours a day with almost an hour commute each way. It is not something I enjoy but this is where I find myself. Thus I find myself unable to go to church as much as I would like or need. One of my daughters live over 7 hours away, with my sweet grandbaby. My son has joined the Marines and my other daughter and numerous nieces and nephews have chosen to not serve my Jesus. My brother has been sick for several years. These are just a few things that make up my reality today. But today's reality is not a predictor of tomorrow's reality when we allow God to be in control of tommorrow. Though our reality may cause us to think that it is impossible for our tomorrow to be different, with God all things are possible. "For with God nothing shall be impossible." Luke 1:37 "And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

Regardless of my reality today, I believe that my tomorrow will be different. Tommorrow I believe that God will minister to my children and pour a love in their hearts for Him and His Word. Tomorrow God will open doors for employment that will provide for my financial, mental and emotional needs, while allowing me to worship with other believers. Tomorrow God will mend what is broken and make it anew. Tomorrow God will heal my brother. Tomorrow God will touch my nieces and nephews that have walked away from Him. Tomorrow God will give me direction and purpose. Each of these things (and many other things) look impossible and I have no ability to change any of them but with God tomorrow will hold a different realtiy.

What does your reality look like today? Are there things with which you struggle? Sickness? Unemployment? Loneliness? Depression? Today's reality may be grim but, with God, tomorrow will be different. "And he said, the things which are impossible with men are possible with God." Luke 18:27

No comments:

Post a Comment