Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Restored: Strength

There are times that you feel battered by life. Just when you start to get up a wave surges forward and knocks you down again. Time after time you try to rise only to have yet another wave hit you, seeming bigger and with more force than the last. As you struggle, the pain, weariness and hopelessness comes to the forefront and causes you to want to say, "I give up. The waves are too hard and I can't seem to rise out of this, I might as well quit trying." Have you been there? Are you there now? It is difficult to fight back the waves of hopelessness causing you to wonder where God is in the midst of your trouble.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23

Restore in this particular instance means to refresh. Refresh, according to Merriam-Webster, means "to restore strength and to revive." When we accept our Lord Jesus Christ as our shepherd, not only does he provide for us but he  refreshes our strength. When we are too weak to even stand, God said that His strength is made perfect in weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9). Life can come at you with such force that your strength and faith is drained, just lean into the Lord and allow Him to restore you. Restoration of all that was taken from you during this battle is available, all you have to do is ask Him. He is right here waiting to refresh your soul and give you a new season of strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment