Friday, October 2, 2015

His Word, His Time

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace." Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Through this life we go through many seasons. Seasons of joy. Seasons of pain. Seasons of strength and seasons of weakness. During each season of our life it is a time of learning and growth, not just mentally and physically but especially spiritually. During the season of joy, did you learn to keep God first rather than His blessings? During the season of pain, did you learn to thank Him for the lesson and praise Him for His keeping power? During the season of strength, did you learn to help others up who are weak and struggling? During your season of weakness, did you learn to trust God's strength? Whatever season you are in right now, are you learning the lesson that God is desiring you to learn so that you will be prepared for the next season? 

Perhaps, like me, you are ready for this season of hard-work and change to end and the next joyful season to begin. But did I really learn this time what I was supposed to learn or will I have to go through this season yet again because I refused to be taught? Did I learn the difference in a time to speak and a time to keep silent? Did I learn the difference in a time to break down and a time to build up? Did I truly learn to allow God to work through me in His time and in His way? Though I am ready for this season to end and am anticipating the next season, I am so blessed that God loved me enough to give me of His time to bring about the changes He has made and helped me make in my life. The time that God spends molding me and making me into the woman that He needs me to be is more precious than silver or gold. God shows me every day just how much He loves me by spending time with me and holding my hand through each season of life. 

1 comment:

  1. cynthia thank you for sharing your journey, I feel i can learn from your journey and also I know I need to trust God more. God Bless you today and may he keep you safe and your family.

    ReplyDelete