Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Intimate Relationship

It is late and I know I should be going to sleep but something has been on my heart today that I feel I must share. This morning I saw a video of Sis. Vicki Gonzalez from Chicago speaking about prayer. It was only a seven minute video but I was so convicted that I couldn't finish it. I was convicted and ashamed of my selfishness. She was speaking about prayer and how God longs to commune with us but we tend to only go to Him when we have a problem or we need Him to fix something. He fixes our situations and answers our prayers all the while longing to have a true deep relationship with us.

Today as I thought about the few minutes that I listened to, I thought about how I try to talk with my mother, my children and several other loved ones on a regular basis. When we talk, it isn't about us needing something from the other, though sometimes that is the case. It is just about having that relationship with them. It is about sharing how it is going, telling of our plans and dreams. It is about asking how they are doing and really want to know. It is about the love we have for each other. I thought about how God does so much for us, yes, he helps us financially and/or physically but He does so much more that we do not even recognize.Every day He keeps the sun and moon perfectly balanced. Every dayy He waters the earth, causes plants to grow, and animals to multiply. He does all of these things for us but yet we only go to Him when our lights are about to be shut off and we have no money or we got a negative report from the doctor. Every day God is faithful in providing us with what we need but we still get busy with our own life (which He also provided) and happiness that we forget to build our relationship with Him.

My heart is just broken because I know that I have been guilty of this very thing. When life is tough, because of relationships, finances, health, etc., I am very strong in prayer, faith and reliance on God. When things are easy and God has blessed me with abundance, I get busy living and fail to truly grow my relationship with Him. I must keep my First Love fresh and new so that our relationship is always a joy for both me and God.

My belief is that God takes joy in being in an intimate relationship with us, let us take joy in the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment