Thursday, October 1, 2015

His Word, My Lover

"I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever. Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall praise thy works to another , and shall declare thy mighty acts. I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works." Psalm 145:1-5

When I think of the Creator of the world and how this huge planet is merely his footstool, I am in awe of His greatness. His power and glory is more wonderful than words can describe. I think how big God is when I read the Bible and know of His mighty acts, the Exodus of His People from Egypt, Jonah in the belly of the fish, creation, the walls of Jericho and so many others. I praise Him and am in wonder knowing that with only His Word did all things come to be. But when I think of how this great big, powerful, mighty God cares about me, my heart thrills. Jesus cares enough about me to guide me each and every day to be the best person that I can be. Jesus loves me so intimately that he knows my hearts desires and thoughts. God loves me enough to be my lover, my therapist, my confidant and my very best friend. He listens to my cry and my laughter. He brings me the gift of joy and peace. Each day he guides me into His paths and I have learned that absolutely nothing is too small for God to care about. There are days when I am so tired that I do not want to get out of bed but he encourages me and reminds me of His goals for my life. When we are in communion and I am following hard after Him is when His love consumes me. His love and blessings overtakes me (Deut. 28:2). As I love Him, so He loves me and is found of me when I seek Him (Proverbs 8:17). His love for me covers all my sins (Proverbs 10:12). Jesus, my God and Savior, is truly the lover of my soul.

"The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have love thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." Jeremiah 31:3

No comments:

Post a Comment