Saturday, October 3, 2015

His Word, His Will, His Way

" For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

This is one of my many favorite scriptures. It does indeed give hope of a bright future of being in the center of God's will. Being in God's will and following His plan for my life is my hearts desire. Sometimes His will is not always comfortable or easy but it is the place that I want to be... even when my heart of flesh is wanting comfort and ease.  I have found that through prayer, devotional time and the studying of God's Word, I am able to hear and understand His Will. Even when God speaks a Word to my heart, it will always be backed up by His written Word.

Though our hearts desire God's will and we start following it, there are times when God says, "hold on, we are going to do this MY way." Doing God's will in God's way can be one of the most difficult things. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9 There are paths that God knows we must walk if we are going to live and thrive in His will. There are trials, pains and heartaches that must be endured and learned from for us to live fully in the calling that God has given us. Even when we do not understand how His Way is going to put us in His Will, we must trust Him. Trust God to know how to make a plan and execute it perfectly.

My desire is to know His Word, follow His Will and walk in His Way.

This is the conclusion of our His Word series. Starting on Monday we will be starting a new series on Restoration.

Be sure to follow our site: www.8thdayministries.com and like us on Facebook at 8th Day Ministries.

No comments:

Post a Comment