Monday, July 18, 2011

For God to Know Me...


Nahum 1:7 “The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.”

My desire is to know God and for him to know me.  For that reason alone, I will lay aside my human need for control and rely completely on God.  So that the Lord of heaven and earth can know me intimately, I will walk where he leads without question.  When trouble comes my way and the situation seems so dire, I will steadily trust in the one who died for me.  When things look contrary and I don’t understand, I will rest in the faithfulness of my savior.  All because I long desperately to know God and for him to know me.  I do not want to hear him profess to me, “I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” (Matthew 7:23)

When trouble comes to your life, does God know you?  The above scripture says that the Lord knows them that trust in him.  Are you trusting him, even as the storms rage around you?  Do you rest in his sheltering wing when the winds howl and the tempest roars with fury?  Where does your trust lie?  Is your trust in that which you can control?  Is your trust in God dependent on your circumstances?  Do you keep a back-up plan in place "just in case" God doesn’t follow through or you don’t like where he leads?  How does that demonstrate trust?  Or does it merely demonstrate your lack of trust?

How well does God know you?

No comments:

Post a Comment