Wednesday, August 26, 2015

His Word , My Lamp

On my way to work yesterday I was listening to Pastor Phillips from Cookeville, TN. He said something that I probably knew in my heart but not in my thoughts. He said that if we really love God as we profess then we would love his Word. I am sure that I will not be able to do his thought justice but I am going to try. :-) In John 1:1 it states "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God" From that scripture we see that we cannot separate the Word from God so it goes to reason that if you are seeking to follow after God then we should be seeking to follow after His Word also. When we pick and choose what we verses and chapters that we are going to follow or reject, we are making the dangerous decision of putting words in and taking words out of the mouth of God. If we really love God as we claim to love him then we would love His Word enough to read it, study it, put it in our heart and apply it to our life. When was the last time you took a bit of time to read the Bible? When was the last time you sought the answer to your problem in His Word? When was the last time you studied His Word enough that it convicted and humbled you? Your actions show your priorities and when we do not find time to study and reflect on the Word of God, that shows us that God is not really our priority. So my questions to you are: Do you really love God as you profess or is it just words that you say because you are a Christian? Do you love Him enough to talk with Him and to allow Him to speak to you through His Word? Do you love Him enough to love His Word?

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

No comments:

Post a Comment