Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Ending and Beginning Again

Today I was reminded of my long absence from my blog and also of the small bit of writing that I used to do. I also realized that when God speaks, it isn't relavent just that one time but even 4 years later. His Word is like that too. Even though it was written over the course of 100's of years and is 1000's of years old, it is still relavent and meaningful today. Even today it gives faith, hope and even a bit of chastisement.

As I start, if not a new chapter, at least a new paragraph, I am reminded how God is so faithful and so true. It is through my impatient patience and need for control that I find myself in a place that God never intended. God even gave warnings but for some reason I didn't hear. Over and over again He said to me, "Delight thyself also in the Lord;and he shall give you the desires of thine heart." (Psalm 37:4) and "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on your own understand. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy path." (Proverbs 3:5-6) When we make the conscience choice to put God before our own desires and even our own needs, that is when we will see God move in our lives in a way that we could not have imagined. It is through purposeful dedication to prayer an His Word that we will walk in His paths and have the desires of our heart. Those things do not happen by chance but through purposeful devotion.

The last couple of years I may have gotten a bit off track but God is faithful and very willing to guide me back into His ways. The last few years haven't been for naught and I did learn how to focus, how to strive for and to complete a project, and that I am more capable than I previously thought. So as I start this new paragraph in my life, I do kind of wonder where God is going to take me but am confident that as long as I put Him first I will not be disappointed wherever it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment