Friday, May 18, 2012

Stomping Fear

I have no desire to live in fear but in the power of God.  When I remember that God is taking care of all my tomorrows, I realize that I have no cause to fear.  It truly doesn’t matter what happens today, God will use it for my good tomorrow.  It kind of reminds me of the story about the animal that is in a deep pit and they can’t get it out so they decide to just bury it.  So shovel load of dirt after shovel load of dirt goes in on top of the animal but unbeknownst to the person shoveling – the animal is shaking off the dirt and stomping it down.  Before long the hole is filled and the animal can step out of the former pit.  Sometimes I feel like I am the animal in the pit – it’s dark and damp, I can’t see anything but despair and failure around me.  Then wouldn’t you know it, they try to bury me alive.  If I am not careful and don’t keep moving, I will be entombed in my despair and failure.  BUT if I keep trusting God and stomping down the fear, failures and anxiety I will be able to step out of that pit stronger than ever before.

I Chronicles 28:20 – …Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the Lord God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee…

Luke 8:50 – When Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, “Fear not: believe only…”

II Timothy 1:7 – For God hath not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Joshua 1:9 – Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Psalms 31:24 – Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

With each new experience of letting God be in control, we gain courage and reinforcement for daring to do it again and again. ~Gloria Gaither

There comes a time when we simply have to face the challenges in our lives and stop backing down. ~John Eldredge

When once we are assured that God is good, then there can be nothing left to fear. ~Hannah Whitall Smith

If a person fears God, he or she has no reason to fear anything else. On the other hand, if a person does not fear God, then fear becomes a way of life. ~Beth Moore

Courage is contagious. ~Billy Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment