Wednesday, May 16, 2012

NOW Faith

Hebrews 11:1

1.       Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

 Sometimes when we are reading we read over words or certain words are just filler words in our mind.  I have known that scripture a long time but the word “Now” did not strike me until Bro. M read it one night at Bible study.  It is NOW faith, not past faith or future faith but NOW faith.  NOW faith is not a healing faith, it is a miracle faith.  It isn’t about having faith that God will give the doctor the skill to remove a tumor (not that there is anything wrong with that faith) – but NOW faith is about faith that God will remove the tumor instantly.  NOW faith is believing that God will take away diabetes, not believing that God will help the doctors figure out the right medication to control it.  NOW faith is believing for the opening of blinded eyes, unstopping of deaf ears and the lame walking.  I must say, I have experienced the results of NOW faith and it is something that you will never forget.  As a teenager, I was spending the summer with my grandma and I got the flu.  My grandma lived practically right across the street from the pastor and I just knew if I could get him to pray for me, I would be better.  He was gone all day so I had almost resigned myself to being sick for the duration.  After my sister got off of work, she picked me up and we stopped by the store to get some Popsicles and while there we saw an elder’s wife.  She told us to come over and Bro. Chuck would pray for me.  We got there and he prayed and instantly my fever, chills, nausea left and I was completely well.  That happened over 20 years ago but I have never forgotten the feeling of being horribly sick and then instantly well.  That is the result of NOW faith.  NOW faith is also about the Holy Ghost.  “And SUDDENLY there came a sound from heaven… and they were filled with the Holy Ghost”  It wasn’t a gradual thing – they didn’t have the Holy Ghost and SUDDENLY they did – that is NOW faith.  We need the PAST faith and the FUTURE faith but it is the NOW faith that will move mountains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment