Tuesday, September 27, 2011

No Way

No Way!!  Said with a bit of disbelief.  We have heard that statement regarding numerous things in our lives.  By the doctor, there is no way that he/she can make it through the night.  Or, "there is no way this pregnancy can last."  Or, there is no way that your child will live and thrive into adulthood.  There is no way that you will get the money for that.  There is no way that God would tell you that.  There is no way that he can be redeemed.  There is no way that God can use that person.  There is just NO WAY.  Then when the child is born and thrives, when that wretched sinner is redeemed, when the cancer is gone... we hear the same words expressing shock - NO WAY!! Our only response can be "WAY."

Today as I was driving into town, I got thinking and totally forgot that I was going to stop by the drug store to do a bit of couponing.  Due to my forgetfulness I had to take a bit of a longer route to the store and in doing so I passed a church sign that read: "God makes a way when there is no way."  It not only encouraged me but it reminded me of all the impossible "no way" situations and the "there is NO WAY God told you that" moments that I have in my life.  Perhaps I am a bit naive or simple but I DO believe that there is a way, even when it seems impossible.  I have made the decision to take God's Word exactly as that and believe it when it says, "With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." (Mark 10:27) "For with God nothing shall be impossible" (Luke 1:37) "The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." (Luke 18:27).  So when God gives me promises that seem so far outside of possibilities, I will just believe Him.  When the doctor's report is grim and without hope, I will believe in the possibilities of my Savior.  When my life's situations seem dark and impossible, I will remember the words of Jesus that tell me "All things are possible to him that believeth." (Mark 9:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment