Sunday, September 4, 2011

God's Time

Sunday… what a wonderful way to start a week.  Being unemployed right now, instead of my week starting on Monday it now starts on Sunday… which is probably the way I should have viewed it when I was employed... live and learn.  I am so incredibly excited because I have such a beautiful life.  This extra time that God has given me is full of potential and hope.  It also has given me a bit of time to devote to finding God’s will for my life… today.  As the minister was speaking this morning there was something that sparked my heart and mind about what I should during this time of unemployment.  There will become a time shortly when I will have to go back to work and I will not have the same opportunity.  Wow, the possibilities that have been given to me.  I am so blessed. 

I have been told by many people that I am one of the most patient people they know.  I have been told by one person that I am very, very impatient.  I have trouble reconciling myself to the latter because I also feel that I am patient but I also realize that there just may be a kernel of truth in their statement because I do desire God to do a quick work.  My niece explained my  version of patience quite well… impatient patience.  I will wait as long as it takes but I may be looking at my watch continually throughout the process.  I will wait on God but I will remind him… “God I know time isn’t important to you but we have deadlines down here so…”  Of course, I do follow that up with a prayer of… “but God I do desire your will and timing more than anything else BUT it would be great if your timing were right NOW?”  Just this year God taught me a tremendous lesson regarding His time.  So many times we get so eager to see those promises fulfilled in a way and time that we expect.  We believe and have tremendous faith in the word of the Lord and we KNOW that he is going to do that quick work that we desire.  We want to see our loved ones living a life of holiness and on fire for God and we want it done RIGHT NOW!  After all, how can NOW not be God’s will for someone to live for Him?  We need another car and we want God to work that out RIGHT NOW… because after all He knows we need to go to work.  We need a job and we need it RIGHT NOW because after all, His word says that a we should work and support our families.  But God’s time is definitely not our time.  I know how you are probably feeling regarding that statement because every time someone reminds me of that very true statement I, with a bit of annoyance and clinched teeth, say “yes, I know THAT.”  It is not a feel good statement but it is 100% true.  God’s time is better than our time.  It could be that God knows that our loved ones will have to reach the very bottom of the barrel in order for them to commit to Him completely.  God may know that the car that is perfect for us isn’t for sale yet or the job that we need isn’t yet available.  Sure he could bring us just any car or just any job but wouldn’t you rather have the car and job that is the one He desires for you?  Wouldn’t you rather your loved one be completely sold out to Christ rather than sitting on the fence?  In God’s time there is blessings that exceed our expectations.  In God’s time there is fulfillment for the void.  In God’s time there is joy unspeakable.  In God’s time there is a culmination of all that we had hoped and longed for.  In God’s time there is perfection.  God’s time is not easy, especially when you see your loved ones taking paths that you know will lead them to destruction.  His time is difficult when you can’t see how it will ever work out or be as he promised it to be.  But if you just stand patiently and wait on Him… You absolutely will not regret it.  I know from personal experience that the blessings that come in the fullness of God’s time will far exceed anything that you had ever dreamed.  So rest easy in the faithfulness of God and trust in His timing. 

Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment