Monday, November 30, 2015

My Jubilee Year

Recently for many mornings I woke up with a prayer on my lips. Even before the fog of sleep had left my brain, I was praying for something very specific. The prayer has been for someone who has grown comfortable in their ability to make their own decisions and has wandered a bit from their relationship with God. Of course, they don't acknowledge that they wandered because they still attend church and know exactly what to say so that people think that they are still saved. But God knows the story of the heart. God knows exactly how far we have wandered and exactly what it takes to restore unto us His Salvation. Though I have been praying for their salvation for a while, I felt and was instructed to pray a specific way so that is what has been on my heart, mind and lips when I wake in the morning. One morning though something was different. I woke with a song on my heart and felt that spiritually something had shifted. I woke up with the lyrics, "Lift your voice its the year of Jubilee and out of Zion's hill salvation comes" from the Donnie McClurkin song "Days of Elijah." After feeling spiritually burdened for so long, I was puzzled. So while at work that day I prayed as I worked and thought about the song and asked God what He wanted me to understand.

"And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubilee unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family" Leviticus 25:10

The cares of life have stolen things from you through the years of living for God. Perhaps no longer do you feel passionate or excited about your walk with God, instead it has become routine and obligation. Don't get me wrong, you love God and would not turn away but the excitement of the First Love has faded. That enthusiasm that you felt when you first received the Holy Ghost has been watered down and now you just look forward to a good church service. You do want your family saved and living for God but you have been living the life in front of them for a lot of years so you have kind of given up hope and grown comfortable. Perhaps your marriage has been stolen by the enemy. Maybe you are still together but the love has faded and is just a shadow of its former self. Your children have turned away from the faith and your heart is broken but what can you do?  There are so many things that have been stolen from you over the years but you just put it down as "That's life" and kind of give up. The calling or ministry that you had felt, the door of opportunity just never opened so it now is just hidden away in the corner recesses of your heart. There are times when you look over your life and you wander how you ended up where you are, you are just trying to make it rather than making things happen.

I want to declare to you a Jubilee Year. A year that everything that was stolen, lost or sold is returned. Your passion and zeal for God, His Word and His Gospel shall be returned. You unsaved children and spouses will be restored. Your calling and ministry that has grown cold and ineffective shall be revived. Your love for God's Word and dedication to holiness shall be renewed. God has declared that THIS IS THE YEAR OF JUBILEE!!!  I will seek His face, follow His direction and lay claim to the ministry and calling the enemy tried to take. I will devote my heart to reaching those that are hurting and needing my Savior. I will allow God to use me to proclaim a Year of Jubilee to my harvest field. By the Word of God, I lay claim to everything that the enemy has taken or tried to take from me. My children, my joy, my ministry, my family, my health... God shall restore for this is: My Jubilee Year

No comments:

Post a Comment