Monday, August 29, 2011

What an Awesome Journey...

Good Afternoon and welcome to a wonderful Monday.  This past week has been a week of enlightening.  I have learned how fast and far news travels.  You could share information with one person and pretty soon ten people know it (or variations of it).  (I wonder what motivates people to be bearers of news.)  I have also learned that selfish people are not very pleasant to be around... it made me strongly aware of the need to be a giver and not a taker. 

God is so fantastic.  I am always in awe of how he uses different ministers to give you the perfect word for your situation.  Things very specific that you haven't mentioned to anyone seemed to be have been revealed to the minister in great detail so that they could speak a direct word of the Lord to you.  Words seem to fail me when I try to tell of how wonderful God is to me. 

Sometimes as we go through life we get busy with the business of life and forget about the more important things like devoted, fervent, intercessory prayer, fasting, Bible Studies, outreach.  We do spend our time doing those things that are good and needful (in the physical) but we allow the very busyness of doing good keep us from the most important.  The past few days I have felt that God is calling me to rededication.  Part of me wants to say... "but God, I am not doing anything bad/wrong" but the other part sees how some of my fervency has turned to routine and my passion has become medicrity.  The very awesome thing is that God has given me time to reignite my passion and fervency by allowing my job to be taken away.  This may sound crazy but I can't help but believe that this time of unemployment is a perfect time to rededicate myself to the cause of Christ. 

I am so excited about what God is doing in my life that I can hardly contain myself.  I know without a doubt God has his hand so gently yet strongly on my life right now.  He is guiding me, giving me joy, comfort and wonderful peace.  Right now I do not know what my future holds but I do know that it is going to be wonderful because God is firmly in control.

So to respond to some of the rumors that have been swirling around... yes, I am unemployed... no, I do not need your pity or sorrow but rather rejoice with me that God has found me worthy of this trial.  God is good... ALL THE TIME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment