Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Two Cents? Not this Time.

Exodus 14:14  “The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.”

What a wonderful but difficult statement.  I am so glad that God is going to fight my battles.  For the King of all kings to stand up for my defense thrills me beyond all words.  To know that this is a battle that I do not have to fight because God is fighting it brings me great comfort.  The difficult part is: “and ye shall hold your peace.”  According to the Hebrew, peace in this particular instance means “to be silent.”  Perhaps being silent isn’t hard for any of you but for me, when I know how things should be, I just feel the need to put in my two cents.  But it has occurred to me that I have been fighting this particular battle, without success, for a very long time and I am now officially so weary of this battle.  So therefore I am determined that I am going to surrender this battle completely to God and let him deal with it as it should be dealt with.

No comments:

Post a Comment